140mm 2500k cooler

Phantek PH-TC14PE

9:32 PMPier78

So recently I posted about my H55 failing. I have since swapped out the cooler with a Phantek PH-TC14PE, and now my 2500K temperatures are back to normal. woo


PH-TC14PE Box

The cooler was a lot larger than I had imagined. It pretty took space from the entire box.

Specifications on the box.

Well I'm going to open my case, might as well clean out the dust filters, #330R.

 Since the TC14PE comes with two of its own 140mm fans I decided that I would move the SP120's that I bought with my H55 cooler to the front since Static Pressure fans are excellent intake fans.


Rig before changing out the cooler.

I have to put this away since the TC14PE doesn't have enough clearance. 
 Overall Corsair CMYAF Memory Cooler is the most useless component I have ever purchased for a computer. The fan rattles at all RPM. As you can see in the picture I had even used a low noise adapter (it's actually just a cable with 4 pins with a resistor in between). 


H55 Radiator. As you can see Corsair definitely cut corners here as the spacing between the fins are not uniform

Right before removing the H55

Cleaned the 2500K

Front Paneling actual blocks the screws for the 140mm Fan
 This was a surprising find. When I was getting ready to swap about the front intake fans, I noticed that the top fan's screw is partially covered by the front paneling. Although it is easy to pop off the front paneling (I initially thought you needed to unscrew it but you actually can just apply pressure and pull it out), its an extra step that shouldn't be necessary.


Popped out the front paneling, and unscrewing the fan.

Cleaning the dust from fans (cringe)


Comparison of the TC14PE's height to the width of the Corsair 330R case.


The instructions claim you need to take out your motherboard to install the mounts, but it depends on your case. The 330R has a hole from the backside so you don't need to remove the motherboard.


Ready to mount the heatsink.


Managed to secure the enormous heatsinks onto the motherboard.

I feel like instruction manuals for aftermarket coolers like these (Arctic Accelero--you too) start off very clear and concise. But then when you are about to finish, its like the that was guy hired to write the instructions and make the reference images just gets lazy and gives up . The PH-TC14PE's installation is pretty intuitive. Instructions for the cooler are straight forward, until securing the parallel mounts. As you can see below, the only image showing the orientation of the mounts is on a picture where an sketch of the heatsink is overlayed on top of it, making it hard to see the holes. The resource was pulled off a PDF from Phantek's site.

The image is helpful, but isn't very easy to decipher until you zoom in...a lot
Obviously, the actual paper manual you receive has small smaller images, thought albeit is a cleaner image. The orientation for that the holes on the mounts should be pointing towards the processor on both mounts.

All done. Ready to go!


New temperatures, I actually hit 26C this morning. Pretty good temps (I live in Hawaii--for reference)

Temperatures were measured using OpenHardwareMonitor. I'll do a more in-depth test when I have time (e.g. using LINX). 100% load was achieved using Cinebench R15 so I'm quite satisfied with the temperatures. If I recall correctly, the H55 was not able to maintain temperatures below 65C while running Cinebench (even the Hyper 212+ from Coolermaster could). 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form