closed loop cooler corsair

Corsair H55 Failing

1:08 AMPier78

So recently I started noticing that my Corsair H55 was occasionally making gurgling noises or I guess "water movement noises".  There are no grinding noises indicating a failing pump. The fans are spinning at the proper RPM's and the pump is connected to a working power source. I have been been experiencing issues with hard lock ups (which typically indicate unstable OC's on the processor) so I ended up lowering my 2500K's OC (I actually bumped it up to 4.6 GHz a while back). 

However I was curious one day and watched my processor's temperatures fluctuate quite a bit while the H55 made gurgling noises. The temperature didn't skyrocket by any means, but I was a bit intimidated by the noise. Whats the worst that could happen? ...The H55 spontaneously bursts and liquid splashes all over my components!! But seriously, I decided to leave Open Hardware Monitor running while doing basic activity (programming, web browsing--not even anything cpu intensive) and I noticed this:



So I have no idea what's going on. The temperature should NOT being reaching that high. Generally the motherboard should force shutdown before reaching those kinds of temps. Maybe it was a split second burst of heat? I have no idea. I popped open the case--the H55 was not loose or anything. One of the tubes was piping hot, the other was very cool. The liquid is not moving perhaps? I have no idea, and don't really have the time to figure it out.

I have ordered a Phantek TC14PE as a cooler replacement. That's two products for me by Corsair (H55 and CX750M) that failed in less than HALF a year. Sure, you can argue that the H55 is a low end closed loop cooler. Sure, the CX750M is a low end Corsair modular power supply--but that in no way justifies cutting enough corners that the products fail within half a year. 



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Best Quality Corsair H55 Liquid CPU Cooler in UAE, RGB 120mm CPU Cooler in UAE, Liquid CPU Cooler in UAE
    https://gccgamers.com/computer-parts-components/corsair-h55-rgb-120mm-liquid-cpu-cooler-cw-9060052-ww.html

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form